Happy New Year to all. When I was a lot younger than I am today! I thought the year 2000 was so-so far ahead I would never get there, and here I am wondering where the past has gone and so quickly, of course when we are young time is kind of hard to comprehend.
We hope everyone out there had a lovely Christmas, we had a lovely day (busy for me, really not enough time to visit with guests). Mel and I had some really nice gifts, a couple of mine have to be installed or put together, guess I will have to make dinner and get Rick over here!!!(ha-ha), one of the gifts is a remote controlled ceiling fan for the bedroom, the other is an ornamental plant cart, (thanks Rick & Chris). Goodies came from N.Carolina, which Paul & Cheri had made and put into jars, also home grown potatoes. Thanks to both of you. We enjoyed the pot's, still have to test the rest, we are sure they will be good.
A short visit to Janet and family on the 27th, we had a good time with all the family, had a second Christmas, got more good stuff. Mel, Janet & I went to the stables and watched Sara ride Badger over the jumps, they did very well, then we all went home for dinner.
Of course the 29th was another Big Day for Mel, as you all know he turned seventy, and is still the Big Kid. We had a cake made for him, golfer, golf bag and 18th hole flag on the top, but only two candles, we did not want to set the house on fire!!!! I guess I will pay for that this year.
We are now winding down from all the festivities, I feel I have eaten too much of everything, Mel just eats and does not worry.
Once again all our good wishes for a Healthy and Happy Year that has already begun.
Mum & Dad.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow guys! Nothing happening in your world ... ??? We sure miss hearing about it... do tell!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment